Bowen Issues California Voting System Decertifications/Recertifications
On August 3, 2007, Secretary Bowen announced her decisions regarding which systems in the review will be permitted to be used in the 2008 elections and beyond. The following documents detail Secretary Bowen's decisions.
Decertification/Recertification Decisions Issued August 3, 2007,
by California Secretary of State Debra Bowen
Diebold Election Systems, Inc.
- Withdrawal of Approval/Conditional Reapproval (.pdf, 6,734KB)
- Withdrawal of Approval/Conditional Reapproval for Hart System 6.2.1 (.pdf, 5,886KB)
- Voluntary Withdrawal of Certification of Hart System 6.1 (.pdf, 303KB)
- Withdrawal of Approval/Conditional Reapproval (.pdf, 4,631KB)
- Rescission and Withdrawal of Approval (.pdf, 303KB)
- E-Voting - What's it all about?
- Voting Systems Frequently Asked Questions
- Overview of the Voting System Certification Process
- Ten Steps to Voting Systems Certification
- Voting System Certification Fact Sheet
- Definition of A Vote
Sequoia Voting Systems
Elections Systems and Software, Inc.
Secretary of State Debra Bowen began her top-to-bottom review of the voting machines certified for use in California in March 2007. The review was designed to restore the public's confidence in the integrity of the electoral process and to ensure that California voters are being asked to cast their ballots on machines that are secure, accurate, reliable, and accessible.
Voting Systems Certification